At AliExpress dealer CHANZON Official Store I found the following nice transistor overview:
When I tried Fritzing for the first time today, I unfortunately had to notice that two parts are missing. A NodeMCU has already created and released squix78, thanks for that. But unfortunately I could not find a RS232-TTL converter (MAX3232). No problem, then I just create an own part. With this manual this is relatively easy. Unfortunately the part editor did not accept the SVG’s I created with Adobe Illustrator. After a long time of trying I found out that the following export settings are necessary. Important is the number of decimal places:
The final part:
You could download my MAX3232 RS232-to-TTL-Converter Breakout Board here. To use it, drag and drop it into you sketch.
I just wanted to test Fritzing today, but it is not so easy to download the program. On the website it is only possible to download it after a PayPal donation. Unfortunately the binaries are not available on github. Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t have anything against donating for free software, but I don’t like to force this on everyone. At the end, I found something after all:
TL;DR: Sign up for an acccount (or use bugmenot.com) and then you can select “I already paid” and download the binary for you platform. If you like Fritzing, please donate.
I order two new – cheap – FTDI FT232RL USB-to-Serial Adapters on AliExpress.
After connecting, the first disappointment came directly. The Windows Device Manager displayed no COM port. Only a USB Serial Converter. The update of the driver brought no improvement. By coincidence I discovered the “Load VCP“ option. After I activated this, the USB Serial Interface was displayed correctly.
Quickly the next disappointment came, both showing only gibberish.
I thought at first that the baud rate is incorrect, but with an older adapter it working correctly. On the FTDI website i found a tool called “FT_Prog”. With these programming utility you can read and write the EEPROM for use with FTDI devices. After a few clicks I could see the difference:
Since I was not sure if there are other differences, I used the template function of the tool to copy the settings.